This is my very first blog on this site. Feel most welcome!
With tons of testimonials all over the internet of successful freelancers who quit their jobs, you may think it is so easy to jump right into freelance writing without any training.
The bitter truth is that it’s almost impossible to succeed without a reputable freelance training.
Let me reflect back:
Some months ago, I believed I could train myself using free sources like YouTube and Google. Guess what…It didn’t work at all. Tons of my work were rejected by clients, I was scammed by several clients and it dawned on me that YES! Freelance training is very important.
In this article I will give you details of 5 reputable freelance trainers who trained me and how you can access their courses. Your task will only be to sign up for their courses and get started.
Now, are you ready for it?
Wait for the names on my list…
1. Walter Akolo
Number one on the list is Walter Akolo, a Kenyan freelancer, top rated on Upwork, and also the founder of one of the most popular blog in Kenya. He has trained more than 2,000 trainees both in Kenya and across the world. He started freelance writing in 2011 and there is no doubt his experience could shape you to be a successful freelance writer.
His full writing course takes a month and you will have lifetime access to all the course materials, including future updates once you pay the fee.
If you sign up for his paid course, he will do the following for you:
- Train you how to write great content that clients love.
- He will show you where to get awesome clients who value you.
- He will guide you on how to write eBooks, how to write valuable and actionable blogs, and how to outsource work.
- He will always answer to all your queries instantly or within 24 hours.
You will get all these at only sh. 4,000 ($40). Click here to enroll for his course.
Alternatively, you can sign up for his FREE Mini Starters Course here.
2. Jorden Roper
If you ever want to read interesting and conversational blogs, Jorden Roper will give it to you.
One trait I like about Jorden is that she tells you the bitter truth: no pleasing. She hits the nail on the head!
She’s one lady who quit her job in 2015 and started freelancing full time. Within four months, she was bagging $5K per month.
She insists that for you to succeed in freelancing, you must build your writer website to showcase your skills. She comes out strongly against bidding sites like Upwork and content mills. She says that bidding sites and content mills just waste your valuable time you could have used to pitch high value clients.
She has one of the most famous freelance courses; Killer Cold Emailing Course. You have two payment options; you can either pay the full price ($297) or pay in four months installments ($87).
If you register for her paid Killer Cold Emailing Course, you will get access to the following:
- She will provide you with cold emailing templates and cold emailing spreadsheet to help you find your way up
- She will provide you with a freelance writer website cheatsheet that will help you stay on track as you gradually build your website
- A freelance writer website sample homepage mock-up
- A formula to writing a niche sample
- She will teach you how to be tech savvy and set up your site using themes like Divi.
Alternatively, you can sign up for her 5-day FREE email course here.
3. Yuwanda Black
Unlike Jorden Roper, she seems to be obsessed with Upwork and even admits that it is through Upwork that she rose to a six-figure freelance SEO writer.
I love how she has structured her welcoming email.
She starts by listing the most common questions about SEO writing people have been asking her over the years. She then gives a sigh of relief saying that you will get answers to all those questions people have been asking if you sign up for her FREE 7-DAY E-Course.
Some of the questions about SEO writing that she will answer when you enroll for her FREE 7-Day E-Course include:
- How much does a freelance SEO writer make?
- What skills do you need to become a SEO writer?
- How much do SEO writers charge?
- How do you find writing SEO writing jobs online?
- Should you specialize as a SEO writer or do you just need to be a generalist?
And many more that you’ll find once you sign up for either of the courses.
You can enroll for her COMBINED SEO writing/Upwork course once you’re done with the FREE 7-Day E-Course.
If you sign up for her COMBINED SEO writing/Upwork course, you’ll get access to the following:
- You will have lifetime access to all the course materials, including future updates
- You will get access to a private Facebook group for students who purchase the COMBINED SEO writing/Upwork course (so you’re not alone – you will be with her and Laura); and
- You can be up and running within 30 days if you wish.
To enroll in her COMBINED SEO writing/Upwork course, feel free to sign up here.
4. Elna Cain
Because she started from scratch and made several mistakes as a newbie writer, Elna would not love to see you experience the same. That’s why she has this FREE course; Get Paid to Write Online.
Within 6 months, she had been able to earn a full time living just as a part-time writer. Now, what if she did it full-time?
Sign up for her FREE Course today and interact with her more. She’s very responsive and I’m sure you will share much.
So, what benefits do you get if you sign up for her FREE course?
If you sign up for her course, you will know the following:
- How to use your hobby and passion to make money online
- How to create writing samples in case you don’t have any
- Why it is important to have a blog
- She will show you the best places to find freelance writing jobs; and
- Show you her best way of landing multiple writing gigs. Click here to enroll for her FREE course.
5. Robert M. Kariuki
Robert is a Kenyan top rated freelance writer on Upwork. He is one of the best product review writers in Kenya and a founder member of CONTENT AND ARTICLE WRITERS IN KENYA.
He was my first trainer and you can count on him.
The best part I loved in his training is that he can answer to calls anytime (for Kenyans), as long as he is not busy. Another added advantage is that he crafts excellent product reviews. So, if you want to specialize in product reviews, it will be an added advantage.
To get in touch with him, you can email him at email@example.com. His training costs sh. 1,000 ($10).